This page will be used to announce meetings or other local events that may be of interest to our readers. We do not necessarily have a relationship with the sponsors nor have any but published information about the events. The announcement of an event here is not to be viewed as an endorsement by the Bronx Chapter, NYSSPE, or NSPE. Meetings may or may not carry CPC credit.Local Events
- Bronx Chapter and Borough President Diaz to Celebrate Bronx Engineering Achievements To help commemorate the 100th Anniversary of the Bronx as a County in 2014, the Bronx Chapter of NYSSPE has been compiling a list of Engineering achievements associated with our Borough. In meetings with Borough President Reuben Diaz Jr. and his staff, the BP has expressed enthusiasm for this project that is expected to culminate in ... Read more about this post
- BuildingsNY at Jacob Javits March 19-20, 2014 Admission to exhibit floor and education programs is free with advanced online registration. On site registration will cost $50. For information or to register, click on: BuildingsNY Read more about this post
- Mathcounts in the Bronx Competition Feb 11, 2014 Mathcounts in the Bronx Competition Feb 11, 2014 The “Mathcounts in the Bronx!” competition is scheduled for the Faculty Dining Room in the MusicBuilding at LehmanCollege on Tuesday, Feb 11, 2014 from 3PM to 7PM. The competition is the national Mathcounts program to stimulate interest in mathematics among middle school students (grades 6, 7, and 8). The ... Read more about this post
- PDH Seminar at DORMA, Dec. 10, 2013 DORMA is hosting a continuing education seminar as described below. It’s approved by AIA for continuing education credits and, as such, is also approved for NYS PEs. Contact DORMA directly as per below. ____________________________________________ ADA Tips for Designing Hotels in the Big Apple 1 CEU/LU/PDH HSW Learn more here or Register Now! Sponsored by: Steven Winter Associates Inc. and DORMA When Tuesday, December ... Read more about this post
- PDH Seminar at DORMA, Dec. 18, 2013 DORMA is hosting a continuing education seminar as described below. It’s approved by AIA for continuing education credits and, as such, is also approved for NYS PEs. Contact DORMA directly as per below. _________________________________________________ Scan to BIM – Restoration and Conservation DECEMBER 18, 2013 AIA CES: 1 LU / PDH HSW Using Autodesk essentials we’ll provide some engaging visuals and an ... Read more about this post
- Multiple PDH Seminars at DORMA, Tuesday Dec. 17, 2013 The following is information from DORMA about an all day session of seminars. These are approved by AIA for continuing education. They are creditable for NYS PE continuing education as well. Contact DORMA directly as per below. ________________________________________________ PROCRASTINATOR’S DAY TUESDAY DECEMBER 17, 2013 Earn Last Minute AIA Credit Hours at DORMA’s Design Center in NYC Earn those last minute AIA credit hours ... Read more about this post
- Innovations in 3D Printing at DORMA Design Center Oct. 2, 2013 The following is an announcement of a continuing education seminar that was issued by DORMA Design Center. The continuing education accreditation is through AIA. The “practice” reference in the body is for architectural application. ________________________________________________________________ @ DORMA DESIGN CENTER Innovations in 3D Printing 1 CEU/LU/PDH HSW We’ll take a look inside the 3D printing world, technically and philosophically, to give ... Read more about this post
- ASME Metropolitan Section Meeting Sept. 19, 2013 The Metropolitan Section of ASME has announced the following meeting for September 19, 2013. Contact them directly, as per below, if you are interested in attending. THE ASME METROPOLITAN SECTION RESERVATIONS REQUIRED Date: THURSDAY, September 19, 2013 Time: Registration and Dinner 5:30 – 6:15 PM Program: 6:15 to 7:30 PM Where: COOPER UNION UNIVERSITY located at 41 Cooper ... Read more about this post
Some older information is below:
Note: The following course carries continuing education credit for lawyers. The Bronx Chapter of NSPE has initiated conversations with the organizers to begin getting engineering PDHs approved for the later seminars in this series and related series. See this group’s “Save the Date” list below.
Jack M. Kleinfeld, P.E., President, Bronx County Chapter
December 15, 2004 Multi-Site National Teleconference/Brown Bag on:
Renewable Energy: What Kinds of Incentives are Needed and How do the Currently Available Incentives Work?
For Lawyers and Non-lawyers
The Center For Economic and Environmental Partnership Inc. and the
American Bar Association Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources
Renewable Energy Resources Committee
Presents its Next Monthly National Teleconference/Brown bag- Please register early. Space is limited.
The American Bar Association’s Renewable Energy Resources Committee of the Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources has launched a series of multi-site national teleconferences/ brown bags intended to be of interest to those involved in any aspect of law, policy, business or financing in the renewable energy field. Knowledge of the legal framework is essential to understanding the opportunities and obstacles presented by national and state laws, regulations and executive orders as they evolve to address this emerging energy market segment. The sessions will provide information about developments in renewable energy from each region of the country on a rotating basis for all to share and will offer opportunities to network and address questions to local experts about the issues presented. The seminars will be held in New York City, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, Houston, Tallahassee, Atlanta, Denver and Portland at host firms. Those unable to attend a seminar in person will be able to call into the teleconference.
Please register online at:
Various energy generation sources have been and continue to be the beneficiaries of both direct and indirect subsidies and incentives from federal and local government. Such measures are viewed as essential to nurture the development of the nascent renewable energy technologies and make them more cost effective. This national teleconference brings together leading experts and policy makers to discuss the current and future U.S. market for tax and other incentives. The program is intended for those who need a basic understanding of renewables incentives as well as those who want an update on regional and national incentives and subsidy developments.
· How deal structures work with and without subsidies
· The new renewable tax credit, part of the American Jobs Creation Act of 2004
· Tax nuts and bolts of the way credits and credit offsets work
· The interplay between federal and state incentives programs
· What kinds of incentives would be most efficient in developing a robust renewable energy portfolio
· Are different kinds of incentives needed by the various renewable technologies
New York City panel to review New York’s incentives for renewable technologies
Moderator:Edna Sussman, Hoguet Newman & Regal
Elizabeth Perry- NYSERDA (live at White & Case in New York City)
Peter Funk – Thompson Hine LLP ( live at White & Case in New York City)
Moderators: Robert S. Faron, Law Offices of Robert S. Faron (live in Washington DC) and Roger Feldman – Bingham McCutchen, LLP
Randy Swisher – Executive Director, American Wind Energy Association (live at host firm in Washington DC)
Ed Feo – Milbank Tweed Hadley & McCloy (live at host firm in Los Angeles)
Edwin Ing – Law Offices of Edwin Ing (live at host firm in Washington DC)
Seminars: 12:00p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time / 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Central Time /
10:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m. Mountain Time / 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time
Teleconference only:12:30-1:30 p.m. Eastern Time /11:30a.m.-12:30 p.m. Central Time/
10:30- 1:30 a.m. Mountain Time/ 9:30-10:30 a.m. Pacific Time
The program will be presented by host firm Bingham McCutchen LLP with live speakers in Los Angeles and Washington D.C. and all will join via telephone hookup to all speakers with additional seminars, some with additional live speakers, in San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia, Houston, Tallahassee, Atlanta, Denver, New York City and Portland athost firms.This seminar will provide an opportunity to network and discuss the subject matter from 1:30-2 PM Eastern Time (12:30-1 PM Central Time; 11:30-12 AM Mountain Time; 10:30-11 AM Pacific Time) with renewable energy lawyers, policy makers and business experts. You can also join from your own office; a teleconference number for you to call into will be provided.
For more information log on to http://www.abanet.org/environ/programs/brownbags/renewable/
· the seminar from 12 -2 Eastern Time(11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Central Time / 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 a.m. Mountain Time / 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Pacific Time) live or via telephone hookup and meet with local experts in New York, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Denver, Houston, Portland, Tallahassee or Atlanta.
· to call into the conference call from your desk from 12:30-1:30 p.m. Eastern Time / 11:30a.m.-12:30 p.m. Central Time/ 13:00-11:30 a.m. Mountain Time/ 9:30-10:30 a.m. Pacific Time
For questions about registration please contact Donna Denley at firstname.lastname@example.org or (518) 432-6400 ext. 224 or Robyn Stuart at (518) 432-6400 ext. 221. Registration will close on December 14 at 12 PM Eastern Time
CLE credits- – Attendees at the New York, Portland, Atlanta, Boston and certain other host firm locations will be eligible for CLE credit from the host firms. Please check with your host firm for availability of CLE credits.
COST- there will be no fee for participation, however, if you are calling in for the conference call, you will be charged for your long distance charges by your carrier.
Program materials will be posted to the ABA web site at http://www.abanet.org/environ/committees/renewableenergy/home.html
Questions to the panelists will be taken by e-mail and should be directed to email@example.com
Climate Change Risks & Opportunities:
Learning from the Leaders
January 13-14, 2005
New York, NY
Join industry-leading organizations such as American Electric Power, Bank
of America, ChevronTexaco, General Electric, and United Technologies, as
they discuss the business case for action on climate change.
Climate change has far-reaching implications for business strategy across
sectors, but has yet to be integrated into strategic planning processes by
many US enterprises. This management-level summit will inform senior
executives, and the legal counsel and management consultants who advise
them, of emerging risks and opportunities.
With Russian ratification of the Kyoto Protocol and the launch of the EU
Emission Trading Scheme both on the horizon, and a growing number of
significant private and public climate mitigation initiatives in the United
States, the Conference presents a timely forum for companies to consider
strategic implications and exchange views on innovative approaches and best
practice with respect to both risk management and emerging business
The 1-1/2-day event will include:
Expert Briefings on the scientific basis for climate change
mitigation and on emerging domestic and international climate policy
frameworks, which form the context for corporate strategy; a
Corporate Spotlight on the business case for action on climate change
and how leading companies are responding; and
Interactive Workshops with industry leaders and other experts to
assist companies with integrating climate change into their strategic
The Conference is being sponsored by:
United States Environmental Protection Agency
Société Générale de Surveillance SA
Bryan Cave LLC
For full conference information and to register online, please visit
www.climatechangenyc.org. For futher information, feel free to contact the
Conference Secretariat (Robyn Stewart, telephone +1 518 432 6400 x221 or
We look forward to your active participation!
Anne Arquit Niederberger, Conference Director
On behalf of the event Co-Hosts
for CEEP Inc.
Donna C. Denley
Deputy Executive Director
Environmental Business Association of New York State, Inc.
126 State Street, 3rd Floor
Albany, NY 12207-1637
(518) 432-6400 x224