This page presents information on courses or activities that are available which provide CPC/PDH credit. Some will be available through the chapter. Others are by outside providers. This information is presented as a service by the chapter, but we cannot accept any responsibility for outside courses, information about them, or the providers.
Learn About CPC Opportunities!
Our members know about CPC availability. Some of it free. Do you? Contact us!
Recent Continuing Professional Competency Listings (CEUs, PDHs)CE Credits
- PDH Seminar at DORMA, Dec. 10, 2013 DORMA is hosting a continuing education seminar as described below. It’s approved by AIA for continuing education credits and, as such, is also approved for NYS PEs. Contact DORMA directly as per below. ____________________________________________ ADA Tips for Designing Hotels in the Big Apple 1 CEU/LU/PDH HSW Learn more here or Register Now! Sponsored by: Steven Winter Associates Inc. and DORMA When Tuesday, December ... Read more about this post
- PDH Seminar at DORMA, Dec. 18, 2013 DORMA is hosting a continuing education seminar as described below. It’s approved by AIA for continuing education credits and, as such, is also approved for NYS PEs. Contact DORMA directly as per below. _________________________________________________ Scan to BIM – Restoration and Conservation DECEMBER 18, 2013 AIA CES: 1 LU / PDH HSW Using Autodesk essentials we’ll provide some engaging visuals and an ... Read more about this post
- Multiple PDH Seminars at DORMA, Tuesday Dec. 17, 2013 The following is information from DORMA about an all day session of seminars. These are approved by AIA for continuing education. They are creditable for NYS PE continuing education as well. Contact DORMA directly as per below. ________________________________________________ PROCRASTINATOR’S DAY TUESDAY DECEMBER 17, 2013 Earn Last Minute AIA Credit Hours at DORMA’s Design Center in NYC Earn those last minute AIA credit hours ... Read more about this post
- Innovations in 3D Printing at DORMA Design Center Oct. 2, 2013 The following is an announcement of a continuing education seminar that was issued by DORMA Design Center. The continuing education accreditation is through AIA. The “practice” reference in the body is for architectural application. ________________________________________________________________ @ DORMA DESIGN CENTER Innovations in 3D Printing 1 CEU/LU/PDH HSW We’ll take a look inside the 3D printing world, technically and philosophically, to give ... Read more about this post
- ASME Metropolitan Section Meeting Sept. 19, 2013 The Metropolitan Section of ASME has announced the following meeting for September 19, 2013. Contact them directly, as per below, if you are interested in attending. THE ASME METROPOLITAN SECTION RESERVATIONS REQUIRED Date: THURSDAY, September 19, 2013 Time: Registration and Dinner 5:30 – 6:15 PM Program: 6:15 to 7:30 PM Where: COOPER UNION UNIVERSITY located at 41 Cooper ... Read more about this post
- CPC opportunities NEW! – Additional PDH opportunity source added Sept. 2008 Visit our new forum/discussion board. In addition to general discussions and meeting information, we have arranged for announcements of commercial offerings of PDH courses. Currently, postings are there from Marzzo Engineering & Educational Services, from Professional Engineering Continuing Education, and from NY Designs. If you need the NSPE ... Read more about this post
Jan. 13, 2005
Please join the Bronx Chapter NYSSPE and Tappan Zee AIChE on May 5, 2005 7:00 PM at Manhattan College for an evening devoted to continuing education. Invitations have also been sent to 174 PE’s residing in the Bronx who are not members of NYSSPE.
Jack Kleinfeld, PE, of Kleinfeld Technical Services and President of the Bronx Chapter of New York State Society of Professional Engineers (NYSSPE) will be presenting “IR Thermography Applications for Engineering, Construction, and Testing.” The course is approved for 1.5 PDH’s.
Thermography is the non-contact measurement of temperature utilizing an infrared thermal imaging camera with applications ranging from the simple detection of overloaded circuit breakers to analysis of complex engineering processes.
Appearing on the same program will be Lou Errichiello, PE, VP – NYSSPE and Richard Heist, Dean of Engineering of Manhattan College who will briefly discuss the new continuing education law for Professional Engineers and how NYSSPE and Manhattan College are helping PE’s meet the requirements.
A light buffet will be served at 7PM and the program will start at 7:30 PM.
Registration by May 2, 2005 is required. For additional information or to register, please contact Bronx Chapter Secretary Gee Eng, PE, on 718-543-2090 or by email to info@BxNSPE.org.
There is a refreshment fee of $10 pp and the seminar fee is waived for NYSSPE and AIChE members ($25 for non-members).
Rebuild America, Town of Red Hook,
Bard Center for Environmental Policy and Mid-Hudson Energy $mart Communities
Present an Energy Technology Seminar
Energy and Environmental Technologies
that foster sustainability in buildings where we live, work, and learn
Mark Your Calendar! Tuesday, February 1, 2005
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Bertelsmann Campus Center
Annandale-on-Hudson, New York 12504
Discover how the latest energy-saving technologies in buildings can save you money!
FREE* One-Day Event for Government, Business Owners, School and Facility/Energy Managers, Architects, Engineers, Builders, Developers and others interested in energy-efficient technologies.
*Includes continental breakfast and lunch.
Technology experts will provide information and discussions on: High Performance Design, energy-efficient lighting and controls, mechanical systems, geothermal, roofing, photovoltaics, and technical and financial support options.
To register: Please complete the online registration form. Registration deadline is January 31, 2005.
For more information: Call Rebuild America Business Partners, 845-331-2238 or email BPTeam@bpteam.org.
Presented by: Mid-Hudson Energy $mart Communities/New York State Energy Research and Development Authority and U.S. Department of Energy/Rebuild America.
Sponsors: Town of Red Hook, New York State Energy Research and Development Authority.
Attendance at this workshop qualifies for 5.0 AIA Learning Units in the Health, Safety and Welfare category
Directions to the Bertelsmann Campus Center (or visit theBard College website).
· Amtrak provides service from Penn Station, New York City, and from Albany to Rhinecliff, about 9 miles south of Annandale. To contact the Rhinecliff station call 845-876-3364; for Amtrak reservations and schedule information call 800-872-7245 (800-USA-RAIL)
· Metro-North provides service from Grand Central Station, New York City to Poughkeepsie, about 40 miles south of Annandale. For Metro-North reservations and schedule information call 800-638-7646.
· Taxi service is available from the Rhinecliff and Poughkeepsie stations. Red Hook Taxi Service, 845-758-1478; Rhinebeck Taxi, 845-876-2010; Horseless Carriage, 845-757-2900.
· From New York City, New Jersey, and points south, take the New York State Thruway (I-87) to Exit 19 (Kingston), take Route 209 (changes to Route 199 at the Hudson River) over the Kingston-Rhinecliff Bridge to Route 9G; at the second light, turn left onto Route 9G and drive north 3.5 miles.